What causes lump like feeling inside navel after treating navel infection?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: This past summer I had an infected navel. I took antibiotics and a cream and the doctor checked it after I was done with the meds and said it was okay. She said there was nothing there. I just put my pinky finger all the way inside my navel and pressed and felt a heard lump or something inside. Do you know what that is?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
If no infection or pain, nothing worrisome

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

If you have treated the navel infection well, then the hard thing you noted inside could be ligature that has been done early in your life (after getting born ).

Another explanation could be accumulation of dirties from sweating or friction with clothes.

Again, if no infection or pain, nothing worrisome.

All the best!
Dr.Albana