• question-icon

    What causes lump inside the cheeks?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Cancer
Question: I am 78 yo female. I have Had a small lump on the inside of my cheek for about a month. No pain, but there are now 2 white patches beside it. I have only a Nurse Practitioner that I see but her office is quite incompetent and has not returned my request for an appointment. Were I to go elsewhere, who do you suggest I contact. I don't have a dentist or dental insurance. I retired after 25 years as a medical receptionist and have managed a dental office so I am a little more aware than the average person.
THANK you for your time.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should consult a General surgeon.

Detailed Answer:
The lump could be a simple Fibroma.
But,I would prefer to do a BIOPSY and exclude Malignancy.
Please consult a General surgeon,get examined clinically and ask for Biopsy.Exact nature of the swelling will be known.
Further course of treatment will be dependent on Biopsy report only.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 2539 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Fibroma

doctor1 MD

Hi I am a 49 year old female with planter fibroma in both of my feet. My left foot being the size of a golf ball.Walking is very painful and I am...

doctor1 MD

I am 45 yrs old off and on experience hot flashes mood swings such as crying anger sadness over nothing at times my whole body will be ice cold...

doctor1 MD

I have developed pain and a lump just below the knee area on my left leg. The pain is on the outer side back side. I am a 50 year old female. Of...

doctor1 MD

I have pain in the center of my chest near the bottom of my ribcage. sometimes it hurts and burns at the same time. I also have several lumps on my...

doctor1 MD

Hello my name is Toni and I was at my doctor the other day for nipple discharge that only comes out if I squezze it out, now I have been lactating...

doctor1 MD

I have what looks like a mushroom shape about the size of a pencil eraser. It is exposed muscle and it has popped through the skin on my right...

doctor1 MD

For several years now I've had difficulty breathing due to what feels like the muscles around my rib cage constricting. It feels like I can't...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

177 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Hari Charan Perigela
  • Q - Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....

  • Q - Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...

  • Q - Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...

  • Q - Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...

  • Q - Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...

  • Q - Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...

  • Q - Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...

  • Q - Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...

  • Q - Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?

  • Q - Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...