• question-icon

What causes lump inside the cheeks?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Cancer
Question: I am 78 yo female. I have Had a small lump on the inside of my cheek for about a month. No pain, but there are now 2 white patches beside it. I have only a Nurse Practitioner that I see but her office is quite incompetent and has not returned my request for an appointment. Were I to go elsewhere, who do you suggest I contact. I don't have a dentist or dental insurance. I retired after 25 years as a medical receptionist and have managed a dental office so I am a little more aware than the average person.
THANK you for your time.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should consult a General surgeon.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The lump could be a simple Fibroma.
But,I would prefer to do a BIOPSY and exclude Malignancy.
Please consult a General surgeon,get examined clinically and ask for Biopsy.Exact nature of the swelling will be known.
Further course of treatment will be dependent on Biopsy report only.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon