What causes lump in the penis?
Hello doctor I am having a lump on my penis head which recently developed few red spots. Can I know what has happened and treatment of the same.
Thanks for your question on HCM
I do understand your concern
With such presentations in my clinic,I would first rule out infectious disease like genital herpes .Diagnosis is confirmed by a detailed clinical examination only.So treatment which i prescribe to my patients is oral anti viral medication like [Acyclovir] and it's cream which is applied on blisters.You may be advised preventive steps which might help-:
1)Use latex condom during every sexual contact.
2)Avoid intercourse if your partner has an outbreak of herpes in genital area or anywhere else.
3)Fill a water tub with warm water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt and soak your lower part for 45 minutes and then dry your genital area in hair dryer.Do it 3 times weekly.
4)Use 3% hydrogen peroxide on blisters leave it for 15 mins and then wash in warm water may help in healing.
Hope that helps
Please let me know if you have further questions before meeting your primary care Doctor.
Thanks and wish you a good health
would you recomend any oral medicines or creams which could be applie
Thanks for your follow up query
“As” per your question I may say it is not a serious disease at all but you have to take prevention for it in future. Regarding medications you can take [ACYCLOVIR]orally as tablet and you can use [ACYCLOVIR-5%] cream in sores and for it you need a prescription from your treating local Doctor.
Hope that helps and if you have any further questions then do not hesitate to ask me again.
Thanks and wish you a good health
please tell me the dosage of the medicine how many days i would have to take the medicine etc.
Is there a possiblilty of reoccurence
It would be really helpful if you could drop in your number so that i could contact you via text messages if i need any advise after which
Thanks for your follow up question
“As” per your condition dose of medication which we prescribe to our patient is 200 mg 5 times daily, usually 4 hrly while awake for 10 days orally and use it's cream 3 times a day.
So take preventive steps as suggested and take a multivitamin caps regularly at bed time to improve your body immunity to prevent its occurrence in the future.
If any need comes to contact with me in future please talk to customer care of health care magic and they will guide you to me.
Thanks and wish you a quick recovery
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of zits on penis
- What causes pea sized lump on penis
- What causes itchiness in penis
- What could cause a lump under the penis
- What causes lumps on penis
- What causes redness on the penis
- What causes shrinking of penis
- What causes inflammation on penis
- What causes white lumps on my penis
- What causes itching in penis
- What do the following blood test reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for chronic cough and lump in the throat
- Suggest a carbohydrate consistent diet
- What causes burning sensation in the stomach and diarrhea?
- Suggest treatment for redness in the eye and headache
- What causes constant ringing noise in the ears and poor vision?
- Suggest treatment for severe leg pain while on Advil
- Suggest treatment for intracranial lesion
- Suggest treatment for Alzheimer's disease
- What does presence of yellow substance on the penis head indicate?