• question-icon

What causes lump in the penis?

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question:
Hello doctor I am having a lump on my penis head which recently developed few red spots. Can I know what has happened and treatment of the same.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
viral infection

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM

I do understand your concern

With such presentations in my clinic,I would first rule out infectious disease like genital herpes .Diagnosis is confirmed by a detailed clinical examination only.So treatment which i prescribe to my patients is oral anti viral medication like [Acyclovir] and it's cream which is applied on blisters.You may be advised preventive steps which might help-:

1)Use latex condom during every sexual contact.

2)Avoid intercourse if your partner has an outbreak of herpes in genital area or anywhere else.

3)Fill a water tub with warm water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt and soak your lower part for 45 minutes and then dry your genital area in hair dryer.Do it 3 times weekly.

4)Use 3% hydrogen peroxide on blisters leave it for 15 mins and then wash in warm water may help in healing.

Hope that helps

Please let me know if you have further questions before meeting your primary care Doctor.

Thanks and wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 13 hours later
Hello doctor wanted to know if this is anything serious and what is this outbreak ?

would you recomend any oral medicines or creams which could be applie
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral infection

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up query

“As” per your question I may say it is not a serious disease at all but you have to take prevention for it in future. Regarding medications you can take [ACYCLOVIR]orally as tablet and you can use [ACYCLOVIR-5%] cream in sores and for it you need a prescription from your treating local Doctor.

Hope that helps and if you have any further questions then do not hesitate to ask me again.

Thanks and wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 43 hours later
GoodMorning doctor.
please tell me the dosage of the medicine how many days i would have to take the medicine etc.
Is there a possiblilty of reoccurence
It would be really helpful if you could drop in your number so that i could contact you via text messages if i need any advise after which
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
viral infection

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up question

“As” per your condition dose of medication which we prescribe to our patient is 200 mg 5 times daily, usually 4 hrly while awake for 10 days orally and use it's cream 3 times a day.

So take preventive steps as suggested and take a multivitamin caps regularly at bed time to improve your body immunity to prevent its occurrence in the future.

If any need comes to contact with me in future please talk to customer care of health care magic and they will guide you to me.

Thanks and wish you a quick recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo