What causes lump in the neck along with painful neck and nausea?
Can be due to muscle spasm or infection.
Thanks for posting your query.
The lump in the neck that you have can be due to an infection or a swollen lymph node. The symptoms that you are having are all due to the compression caused by the lump on the cervical spine.
If no infection has been detected by your physician then a muscle cramp is the likely cause.
Avoid using a pillow and avoid all abnormal and painful neck positions. Regular hot fomentation, application of local analgesic gel and muscle relaxants will help in bringing relief in 5-7 days. Do continue with the treatment prescribed by your physician. If the pain continues or lump increases in size then get an FNAC of the lump done to rule out any infections.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump in neck caused by cold
- Painless lump on the neck causes
- What causes painless lump on neck
- What causes lumps along the back side of neck
- Small lump in neck cause
- Lumps on neck chest cause
- Lump in neck caused by dehydration
- Cause of neck and shoulder pain and nausea
- Lump in neck that causes gagging
- Neck lump caused by mold
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?