What causes lump in the armpit?
what mighty of the cause ?why reacting like this ?
Please consult general surgeon. It should be incised and drained.
Thank you for the query.
Can you please attach a photo of this lump? Does it hurt? Has the doctor checked your breasts?
This lump can be either an infection or enlarged lymph node.
If its an infection, the lump should be painful, swollen and reddish. In case of enlarged lymph nodes.
Infected lump is usually filled with pus. If so, the antibiotic wont be effective as it does not reach the pus. The only correct treatment of abscess under the arm is its incision.
In case of enlarged lymph node, breasts and armpits ultrasound should be done.
I suggest you to consult general surgeon with this issue.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Armpit lump that is causing nausea
- What causes a lump in armpit after a tetanus shot
- What causes lumps on the arms
- What is the cause of lump on the clitoris
- What causes lump on thigh
- What causes lump in throat
- What causes lumps on head
- What causes lumps in vagina
- What causes lumps in breasts
- What could cause painful lumps under armpit