What causes lump in belly button area?
If this lump in your navel has appeared recently and it is more evident when you contract the abdominal muscles ( coughing ,straining etc) and it can be easily pushed back ,then most likely it is an umbilical hernia.
It is very small and if you don't have any symptom at all ,it may not require treatment but is should be observed if it gets bigger with time.
Hope it helps.
Feel free to ask if you have any other question.
I apologize for the delay in answering your follow up query.
If there is no pain associated with a dark color like bruised ,that would suggest a complication of the hernia called strangulation , there is nothing to worry about.
Right now the hernia is very small so there is no reason to think of any complication.
I would suggest to consult a general surgeon and discuss with him the treatment options.Surgery ,that will correct the defect in abdominal wall is the definitive solution for this condition.
I am sorry for the delay.
The color in the top of the hernia ,is expected to be different because the content of the hernia is fatty tissue ,omentum etc and during straining abdominal organs like intestines and pushed through the defect on abdominal wall and the skin covering it can get thinner exposing it's content.
If the area is not inflamed (red ,warm and painful) you don't need to worry.
This is not an emergency but your should make an appointment with a general surgeon to get the hernia repaired.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Possible causes of sore lump above belly button
- What causes leaky belly button
- What causes soreness in my belly button area
- What would cause your belly button to leak
- What causes a male to have a lump in his belly button
- Cause for the lump near the belly button
- What causes pain in belly button while urinating
- What causes small boils below belly button
- What cause fat around belly button
- What causes hardening of the belly button
- Does Methamphetamine show up in hair drug test?
- Is medication required for cholesterol level of 5.1?
- Is frequent urination a symptom of heart attack?
- Suggest treatment for redness ad burning sensation of scrotal area
- What causes dizziness and nausea?
- What causes swelling on penis foreskin?
- Suggest remedy to loose belly fat and stretch marks
- What causes hard lymph node under right jaw?
- What causes painful bulge on penis post intercourse?
- What causes difficulty in climbing stairs and leg weakness?