What causes lump in anal area with history of anal cancer?

Oncologist
Question
just want to be re assured that just because I have had anal cancer this could just be an external pile, very worried. 3.5 years in remission scc anal cancer. clear ct scan and checkup 5 weeks ago. noticed this hard pea sized lump after being to loo. no blood or other symptoms it is just there. got no bigger in 12 days of finding it. cold a cancer come up in a 5 week period of being checked and all was ok
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consideration

Detailed Answer:
hello and thanks for sending the question.

I completely understand your concern regarding the symptoms you are experiencing. I do have to say that it would be unusual for a cancer to grow to this size within this short of a period of time.

hemorrhoids or piles as you call them can develop quickly. Typically they can be somewhat uncomfortable or caused some pitching.

I would recommend you try some topical hemorrhoid cream. Also try soaking your bottom in the bathtub a couple of times a day this week for a few days to see if this helps.

If the swelling persists it would be a good I did just see your doctor for a quick exam.

in my opinion this is a hemorrhoid until proven otherwise.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please follow up with your doctor for a good physical exam and consultation soon.

Sincerely,

Dr. G