What causes lump in a tetanus shot site?
yes, this can occur
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
This can occur, yes. Some persons may have no reaction at all and others may have a reaction similar to what you are describing.
The lump is part of the body's inflammatory response to trauma. The extent of this response can vary from one person to next.
The redness should resolve within a few days but it can, in some persons, take longer for the lump to resolve.
Using an anti inflammatory pain killer, even if there is no pain, may help.
This includes medications such as naproxen, cataflam, ibuprofen
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
7 to 10 days
In general staples are removed after 7 to 10 days. If the area is clean and the wound appears to be closed, it would likely be closer to the 7 day time.
If it appears then it may still be slightly open then the full 10 days.
Please feel free to ask anything else
can use a mild topical steroid cream
Sorry about the late reply
If you have a mild topical steroid cream like hydrocortisone , which is over the counter, you can apply it.
It is anti inflammatory and may help the itching
You can use the neosporin if you see any signs of infection- increasing redness, increasing pain, discharge, etc
If anything else unclear, let me know
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...