What causes lower right abdominal pain?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: When i walk down the stairs my right bottom stomach side hurts, even when I stand up on on leg( right side) please can you help
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Male/31 - pain in right bottom of stomach/abdomen - even when you stand up on right leg - not visited a Doctor - tried Tylenol.
Your short history is suggestive of the probable causes as follows:
- Inflammation of the iliopsoas muscles - may be a problem with the lower spine from where the Psoas muscle originates.
- Appendicitis, lymph node mass in the right iliac fossa or any other inflammation can cause the similar problems.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
- Clinical evaluation and actual examination by your Doctor, preferably a General Surgeon.
- Preliminary Ultrasonography and confirmatory CT scan of the abdomen particularly for the lower abdomen would help to get the probable cause.
- Tests of blood, stool and urine.

All these things will lead to the most proper diagnosis and hence a proper plan of management as per the findings can be made to get you the cure.

I hope, this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.