What causes lower left back pain and lower abdominal pain?

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: Hi, I went to the ER last night with lower left side back pain and cramps in my lower abdominal. they did
blood tests and they come out abnormal. The doctor did an ultrasound to find my gulblatter but said he could not find it. I looked at the lab results cause he didn't explain anything of it. My hepatic function panel was abnormal, cbc and differential was abnormal, and basic metabolic panel was also abnormal. Could there be something really wrong with me.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Questions so that I can help

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

I am confused by your description of what happened because the gallbladder is on the right side below the liver (just under the rib cage in the front of your abdomen on the right).

To be able to help with information, I'll need some additional information from you - thanks.
1. Please describe exactly where your pain is in all of it's locations. For example, your left upper abdomen under the rib cage, middle abdomen just below the breast bone, etc.
2. Is the pain cramping, sharp, stabbing, burning? Please describe the nature of the pain - thanks.
3. Is the pain radiating to the back and if so, where in the back?
4. By lower abdomen, is it all over the lower abdomen or in specific places such as the right or left?
5. When did the pain start?
6. Is it associated with eating?
7. How severe is the pain?
8. When was your last period?
9. Are you at risk for an STD?
10. Is the pain any better today?
11. Can you please upload the reports or list the results here by typing them out? You can use the "upload reports" button on this site to send me the reports. Then I can see what is going on with the abnormal tests.
12. Any other details you can provide would be helpful.