• question-icon

What causes lower left abdominal pain?

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I have pain in the lower left abdoman and flank is it Connected to microplasma pneumoniae?
Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
no

Detailed Answer:
Hi

There are several reasons for lower abdominal pain and that too on left. Every disease has a characteristic feature of its own that differentiates it from others. So you don't need to worry if you have only pain and no other symptoms.

Mycoplasma generally causes lung infections and few kidney related symptoms as well as non specific infections that can simply treated. It wont happen as lower abdominal pain.

Why did you suspect mycoplasma which is the atypical bacteria?
Do you have any other symptoms to suggest any reason or how did you come across such bacteria?

Probably you need to be more clear in this query. You can check if you have any other subtle symptoms.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 37 minutes later
Thank you very much. Well, H. Pylori has been found, I have gastritis, there are MMR proteins, microplasma pneumoniae IgG level is 1.78, Parvovirus B19 IgG is 2.38, and Candida IgG is 2.0. Also, my CRP went from O.9 to 3.2 in 45 days, my Cortisol Total is 7.1, and I have a sore throat with a general malaise. - Change in bowel habits.
Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no problem

Detailed Answer:

Ig G levels always suggest that we had an episode of such infection and indicate old infections. We all of us get exposed to such an infections early in our child hood which get passed of as non significant infections which are not specific. Infact that's how our immune system gets geared up.

As you have H Pylori, you better get treated for that and see. Many of theses antibiotics given for H pylori also would affect the natural intestinal flora and there may be few episodes of abdominal pain and loose stools. You wait and see and I don't think you need any special test immediately other than an ultrasound of abdomen once.

regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju

Nephrologist