What causes lower back pain?
Thanks for posting your query.
Lower back pain on one side is quite COMMON. Back muscle strain is one of the MOST common causes of acute to severe lower back pain. Lifting a heavy object, twisting, or a sudden movement can cause muscles or ligaments stretch or develop microscopic tears.
Some other underlying causes like Sciatica, Spondylitis, Lumbar herniated disc, Degenerative disc disease, Isthmic spondylolisthesis renal calculi etc should be ruled out through clinical examination and radiological investigation (like X- ray, CT scan, Myelogram, MRI etc). Kindly, consult with Orthopedic surgeon regarding this for proper management of the case.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes lower back pain
- What gastro problems cause lower back pain
- Having lower back pain what could be the cause
- What causes constant dehydration and lower back pain
- What causes abdominal and lower back pain
- What can cause lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain for women
- What causes persistant lower back pain for years
- What causes mild lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?