What causes lower back pain?
Musculoskeletal back pain
Hi, Thanks for your question,
You symptoms are consistent with musculoskeletal back pain.
The causes of musculoskeletal back pain are varied. Muscle tissue can be damaged with the wear and tear of daily activities. Trauma to an area (jerking movements, auto accidents, falls, fractures, sprains, dislocations, and direct blows to the muscle) also can cause musculoskeletal back pain. Other causes of back pain include postural strain, repetitive movements, overuse, and prolonged immobilization. Changes in posture or poor body mechanics may bring about spinal alignment problems and muscle shortening, therefore causing other muscles to be misused and become painful.
In acute musculoskeletal pain, these techniques have been shown to speed recovery.
Medications such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories, acetaminophen or opioids may be used to treat inflammation or pain.
Other treatments may include:
Injections with anesthetic or anti-inflammatory medications in or around the painful sites
Exercise that includes muscle strengthening and stretching
Physical or occupational therapy
Acupuncture or acupressure
Osteopathic manipulation (a whole system of evaluation and treatment designed to achieve and maintain health by restoring normal function to the body)
I hope this answers your question
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes lower back pain
- What gastro problems cause lower back pain
- Having lower back pain what could be the cause
- What causes constant dehydration and lower back pain
- What causes abdominal and lower back pain
- What can cause lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain for women
- What causes persistant lower back pain for years
- What causes mild lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain