What causes lower back pain with irregular periods and fatigue?
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
All your symptoms totally fit in with peri menopausal changes.
The irregularity in periods also is due to that.
Around peri menopause, hormonal levels fluctuate, and lead to such issues.
Fatigue, general feeling of being unwell, vague aches and pains, electric shock like flashes - all are very typical.
You can confirm this diagnosis by having your hormonal levels measured - FSH, LH, serum estradiol.
If symptoms are unbearable, you would have to consult your gynaecologist regarding HRT ( hormone replacement therapy ) to tide over a few months.
Also, please upload the scan and blood work done so far if possible.
A Pap smear and internal exam should be done at the very least also.
Please take calcium and vitamin D supplements.
Exercise daily and eat healthy ( avoid caffeine, alcohol, spicy food ).
Yoga and meditation will greatly help.
Remember , in the end - it is just a phase, and like menarchae, will pass too.
Just hang on.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Irregular periods vaginal spotting brown discharge back pain suggestions
- Had sex back pain cramps irregular period taken pt explain
- Have cramping during ovulation irregular periods and back pain solution
- Have irregular period lower back pain craving pregnant
- Irregular periods lower back pain and dizziness
- Suggest medication for irregular periods stomach and back pain
- Back pain irregular periods gas help me cure this
- Irregular periods lower back pain and painful urination why
- Not sexually active having irregular periods back pain reason
- Abdominal cramps lower back pain irregular periods tubes tied treatment