What causes lower back pain, stomach discomfort and WBC in urine?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I currently work at a daycare so I'm always fighting off something. For the past month I've been sick. It started out with bad chest congestion and coughing up green/yellow mucus. I took mucinex for about 10 days and it seemed to subside. It then turned into a cold with a little bit of chest congestion and lots of sinus pressure and a constant runny nose. Last Tuesday I went home from work because I had sharp lower back pain. I took ibuprofen and slept and the next day it was gone. This week the back pain returned. It's not sharp but more dull and achey and constant. I haven't been taking anything for it and I can deal with it. It's nothing where I've felt like it was excruciating. I started to experience a little bit of stomach discomfort. I thought it might be a UTI so I took an at home Azo test. I tested positive for leukocytes but negative for the other ( I think it's called nitrites?). The pain in my back is on both sides but more so on the right. It doesn't burn when I pee and my urine isn't cloudy. I do feel the need to urinate more often. I haven't had a fever (98.9) is the highest it's been.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Norflox, capsule omeprazole, drink plenty of water

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
As you have mentioned that there is increased frequency of micturation and also leukocytes are present, I feel you might be having urinary tract infection.

Presently I would have suggested you to drink plenty of water and drink cranberry juice which will be beneficial. In my clinic I would have treated you with antibiotic like norflox 400 mg twice daily for 3 days. This should have addressed your UTI. For the back pain i would suggest yoThis provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak