question-icon

What causes lower back pain on right side?

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015
Question: Have lower back pain on Right Hand side at waist level. Also feels like slight pulling in my groin area. No change in urine color or flow. About four months ago had treatment for Kidney Stones.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
This can be another kidney stone.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such pain can be caused by kidney stones for sure. Even if you can not see any changes in urine. It is typical for urinary tract issues to radiate to groin area. Especially if a stone is somewhere in the ureter.
Groin area pulling can be also related to inguinal hernia. It is possible for hernia to give some back pain as well.
Unfortunately without proper diagnostic its hard to give precise diagnosis. I suggest you to consult your doctor. Urine analysis, abdominal ultrasound and groin ultrasound should be done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon