What causes lower back pain after injury?
There is mild pinching of nerves in low back
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
Sorry to hear about your car accident and hope you are not having much pain.
The lower back has a set of 5 small bones aligned on top of each eothrr in the lower part of sback bone and this part is called the lumbar spine. In between these small bones there are spongy discs. You have got your lumbar spine MRI scan done to look for any injury in the discs.
The MRI scan shows that the discs in L4-L5 and L5-S1 level are mildly displaced backwards. The disc in L4-L5 level is causing pressure on nerve roots and this might be causing your low back pain.
The injury is mild in nature and you can get complete relief from symptoms after physiotherapy. Please avoid sudden back movements and doing heavy physical activity right now. You can discuss pain management with your doctor and take required measures.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes lower back pain
- What gastro problems cause lower back pain
- Back pain due to injury
- Suggest treatment for back pain caused by an injury
- Sudden lower back pain no injury
- What can cause lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain for women
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain
- How to cure lower back pain due to an injury
- What is the remedy for back pain after an injury