What causes lower back pain after a hysterectomy?
Thanks for posting your query.
The possibilities in your condition are-
---possibility of pressure on the lumbo-sacral spine with pressure effects on the nerve-endings; your symptoms and the relief brought by rest are suggestive.
--nerve damage during surgery is a possibility with an abdominal surgery while it is a rare feature in the vaginal route.
-if you happened to have a vaginal procedure, the position adopted during the procedure, i.e., the lithotomy position can sometimes lead to such back pains. This will subside in course of time.
In the current scenario, you need to see your consultant and also take an opinion from an orthopedic surgeon to locate the exact cause. Simple postural remedies and exercises usually help. Stress on the spine should be relieved while weight lifting should be avoided for some time until you get relief.
Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes lower back pain
- What gastro problems cause lower back pain
- Back pain after hysterectomy
- Back pain related to hysterectomy
- Back pain after vaginal hysterectomy
- Lower back pain after hysterectomy
- What can cause lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain for women
- What causes mild lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain