What causes lower back and hip pain?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: What causes lower back and hip pain, also I'm having lots of bowel movements, gurgling, hiccups and feels nauseous. Took pregnancy tests but came out negative. What could be the cause of all these.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Examination by doctor will clarify things.

Detailed Answer:
Wlcome to healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.

Since how long you have these complaints? Have you changed your eating habits recently? Is this the first time you have had these symptoms?

If this is the first time you have these symptoms your bowel symptoms seem to be due to indigestion. Eat low fat soft diet. Reduce fibres in diet.
The low back pain and hip pain could be due to muscle sprain. If it is very severe and worsening then it could be due to lumbar disc prolapse pressing on nerves.
Proper examination by doctor will clarify things.

If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D