What causes lower back and chest pain?

Posted on Fri, 30 Dec 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have lower back pain, also pain in my chest (like a pleurisy). Any food eaten passes through in about 20 to 25minutes. stool is lite brown and liquidy a yellow to brown. originally thought was from a medifast diet. haven' t had any of the food in two weeks. still have same symtons. Went to VA hospital emergency. Nothing done to ease pain.still in pain and looks like nothing will be done until next week. should I go to another hospital
Answered by Dr. Divakara 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get more tests done.

Detailed Answer:
HI

I need more explanation on your statement " Any food eaten passes through in about 20 to 25 minutes " , did you mean it takes 20-25 minutes for food to reach Stomach or to pass out as stools . Kindly clarify.

First of all an EKG has to be done to check for your Heart status . You have also mentioned that the doctor's have diagnosed as Gall Stones. Was the diagnosis of Gall stones done after an Ultrasound scan ? If done kindly upload the report.

You shall also require Chest X ray and Upper GI endoscopy tests to check for the cause of Pain.

Kindly revert back to me with details asked.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. Divakara