• question-icon

What causes lower abdominal pain while on Tylenol and Tramadol?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Hello. My problem is lower abdominal pain. I've had this problem off and on for many years/ but now its every day. My last colonoscopy was five yrs. ago. I've also had a endoscopy a few month ago, and had diagnostic surgery a few years ago. Also had my ovaries checked a few years ago, and they have shrunk down to almost nothing/ Also had a bladder scope done. The doctors can find nothing. I'm a 83 yrs old. I do take two Tramadol and two Tylenol, which usually help, but it takes at two hrs. for any relief. For years I've thought it was Functional Abdominal Pain, and I still think it my be that, but its certainly a big pro blem now. Have you got any ideas? Thank you for any help you can give me. JoAnn Bray YYYY@YYYY .
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Amitriptyline can be added.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
It will be helpful if you provide more information about your stool like consistency, frequency, etc.
After reading your post, I would suggest that you should stop taking tramadol and Tylenol on daily basis.
You can take Omeprazole 20 mg along with Domperidone 10 mg and a probiotic preparation after discussing with your treating doctor. Also get deworming done by taking Albendazole 400 mg at night for one night only.
Eat light meals prepared under hygienic conditions. Avoid spicy and oily foods. Drink lots of water daily.
If possible, get your stool examined.
A clinical evaluation by your doctor along with stool report will help in planning further medical management.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist