What causes lower abdominal pain when diagnosed with epididymitis?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi
I was just diagnosed with low risk prostate cancer
Just before I had my prostate biopsy I got Epididymitis where I had some lower abdominal pain as well as in testicle
Around the time I got my protstate cancer diagnosis I started to get abdominal pain
At first felt like the epicidymitis in lower abdomen (not testicle pain) then it spread to all quadrants - also had some spasms in lower right quadrant
The pain is mild - but usually there some place (sometimes all quadrants but usually one or two at a time
- by morning it is almost gone
I don't think I have changes in bowel habits - stool is soft about 1 inch in diameter (at most) no sign of blood (even digging inside it) - passes easily. I go once each morning between 8 - 11 AM
I have very little gas - only occassional short farts - never long ones.
I had a pelvic and abdominal ultra sound that came back negative (except slightly enlarged prostate)
Could it be colon cancer (I have never done the stool test)
Could it be anxiety from prostate diagnosis ? Often with anxiety I get stiff neck and heart palitpitations but have none now.
What do you think?
thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Yes , it is anxiety disorder

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. There is nothing to worry. Your symptoms donot suggest colon cancer. You are just thinking too much and that is causing all problems. Just have a balanced diet and you will be fine. Do discuss the prostate issue with yoyr doctor if it requires any treatment or not. A diagnostic colonoscopy is required after the age of 50 years in all individual to diagnose a colon cancer early, but not related to your symptoms.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T