What causes lower abdominal pain in a diabetic patient?
Follow life style medications with prophylactic pantoprazole....
I had gone through your question thoroughly and understand your concern about your health.
I would suggest you to go for ultrasound abdomen to rule out any abdominal pathology. I don't know why your doctor has prescribed you colestipol, because its cholesterol lowering agent and you don't seem to have that issue. Dicyclomine is again muscle relaxant and you don't seem to need that also. Probiotics are ok in IBD.
If i were your treating doctor, i would suggest you take proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole daily, which will reduce acid production in your stomach and relieves stomach pain. As this is prescription medicine, you can consult your local doctor for that. You can check your BP regularly and do fasting lipid profile. Also will advise you to have few life style modifications like avoid oily and spicy junk food, do regular walking for at least 20 minutes a day, limit intake of salt and sugar in your food, eat at least 2 hours before going to bed, don't lie down immediately after taking food, take small frequent diet, etc.
Follow these for 2 months and let me know whether there is any improvement or not. If it continues to bother you after following this, then you need to rule out peptic ulcer disease after consulting a gastroenterologist.
Hope this will help you and feel free to ask any of your further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having lower abdominal pain what could be causing this
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- What is causing the severe right lower abdominal pain
- What is lower abdominal pain
- What causes the sever lower abdominal pain
- What causes lower abdominal pain after urination
- What causes constant lower abdominal pain by hip
- What causes lower abdominal pain during pregnancy
- What causes spotting with lower abdominal pain
- What causes swelling in legs with lower abdominal pain