Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes low urine output in an infant after feeding?

Question
He was on rhinathiol and also his urine has reduced. He is gradually feeding but not like he use to. Should I be worried about the reduce in urine as well. Also I am using the saline nasal drops.

And also his urine color is not the same at always, I will send you a photo of this mornings urine.
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Low urine due to low feeding

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have read this query and previous query.

Your baby is having low urine output most probably due to low feeding. I will not give rhinathiol when low urine output. Kindly discontinue it after consulting your doctor (if still giving). I prefer cetrizine syrup in babies for cold and runny nose.

Since the baby is already 4 months old, you may try infant cereal if you think he can take it well. This will help him recover his weight and will also help increase his feed.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee