What causes low testosterone levels in a person with prostate cancer?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Prostate Cancer XXXXXXX 4+5 discovered during TURP. Urologist prescribed Lupron shots per 6 months. After second shot discovered studies re: testosterone and PSA which stated no testosterone equals no PSA. That PSA and Testosterone both fight cancer in different ways. PSA being an Antigen produces Anti-angeogenesis keeping tumors from developing extra feeding avenues starving the tumors. Testosterone acivaes the p53 gene to induce apoptosis-cell death. That Testosterone does not eat cancer cells. It feeds and nourishes PSA which does and it fights estrogen dominance, YEA! a good thing for guys. These things I picked up from reading. I know. There are pros and cons to all research.
Now that I have refused to have another Lupron shot how do I get my Testosterone and PSA back and regain my manhood?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Age factor associated reduction in testosterone.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting the query,
Along with LUPRON there are multiple reasons for reduced testosterone in your case like age factor . There are very less chances for getting it back to normal levels.
If you are too much bothered of the levels get the serum testosterone levels to see weather the levels are highly low.
Even if the levels are low it is on very high risk any one could prescribe you the testosterone medications as these will increase malignancy of prostate cancer.

Any query do get back.
take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj