What causes low systolic blood pressure?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I was diagnosed as having a sbp of 60 recently in hospital. What does this mean.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Systolic Blood Pressure

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. Most commonly SBP term is used for Systolic Blood Pressure which is a component of Blood Pressure (BP) readings.
I must say that SBP of 60 mmHg is extremely low we classify this as a state of Shock.
I suppose you must be suffering from some Major illness when you had such a low BP. This could be infection , hypovolumia, cardiovascular issues.

If you could provide me details of your admission reason I can help you better.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 7 minutes later
I took an overdose of quetiapine I.e. 200mg seroquel as a result of bipolar. I was admitted via ambulance and my discharge summary reports pt gcs 4 & sbp 60 on arrival to ed. How dangerous was this.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
This means you were almost dead.
My dear Friend you have been saved from a massive disaster.
GCS of 4 and SBP 60 means you must have been put on Ventillator.
Thank God and your doctors because you have got a new life.
So just take care this does not happen again.
If you have any further query please ask me else close the discussion and rate it.
Stay Healthy