What causes low sperm viscosity?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: sometimes when i masturbate my cum or ejaculations are either really clear my semen or nit n is thick white is this a normal ejaculations.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is normal to have variations in viscosity of semen.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for query ,
It is normal to have variations in viscosity of semen especially if one ejacultes within 24 hours of first ejaculation and when one drinks more water.

The precum is watery mucus secreted by mucus secreting glands located in Bulbar urethra and is thinner as it does not contain sperms and thick seminal fluid .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.