What causes low sperm count?

Dr. Khushboo Priya

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello sir/mam I m a married person aged 30 n I m trying for a baby since 3 months but due to low sperm count my wife is not convecing Plz suggest some treatment.
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try some medicines or go for IUI.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I think there are many other things, which needs to be evaluated.

Apart from low sperm count, I would like to know regarding your sperms motility and morphology also. If everything else is fine, only count is low, then you can try some medicines like Clomiphene to increase the count.

If it doesn't work, then you can try IUI. In this, your wife will be given some medicines for ovulation and then when egg will become big, injection will be given to rupture it. Your semen will be processed with the help of machines to increase the count and motility and it will be instilled in your wife's uterus.

Feel free to ask further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee