What causes low sperm count?

Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi,
Initially my spream count is 15 millions/ml,i started taking fertisure M from 3 months on wards and went for test again,I got shock by seen the results,it is showing my sperm count is 4.8 millions/ml.why it happens like that,please suggest what to do now
hi i uploaded old and new reports...

After old report i used 1 month spavit 4,later i used fertisure M around 3 months on friend suggestion. The new report showing my count reduced drastically. Please advice what happens and how to cure from it
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please repeat the report

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for choosing wwwhealthcaremagic. Two of the commonest causes for low sperm count are Varicocele and as side effects of some medicine being taken for some illness. Please get a color Doppler scan of scrotum for. this.
This can be treated by microscopic varicocelectomy by a competent XXXXXXX The medicine you mentioned is effective only in a minor number of cases so first,you repeat the report after 2 days of abstinence. Please make sure to avoid spilling while giving the sample.
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 8 minutes later
we are very much worrying about pregnant. How to cure from this issue..please suggest me
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
get sonography of scrotum

Detailed Answer:
Hello
You have oligo asthenospermia. As I told, commonest cause is Varicocele. Please get a color Doppler Scan of Scrotum from a ultrasonologist.
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 29 minutes later
Hi
Please clarify one more doubt.
In my old report i collected sample through masturbation and given sample immediately for test.

for the second time, i collected sample once had sex..but i am sure i collected all. The sample is submitted to test after 15 to 20 min of collected.
this will affect the variation in result.
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Repeat the report after masturbation

Detailed Answer:
Hello
When you give sample after sex, it is impossible to avoid spillage because when you feel urge to ejaculate and withdraw, some semen may already be ejected . You may not be aware of it so repeat the report after masturbation.
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa