What causes low progesterone levels while trying to conceive?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I was having Ovalution problem when I test in march and I was having periods in 40 days. Then Doc prescribed me clomiphene 50 mg. after having this medicine I am getting my periods every month on 9th day. As I am trying get pregnent.

in the month of april i was not ovalutd , and in the the month of may i ovaluted and my progestrone score was 34 , in may i again go for test , but this month my progestrone score was 6. my Doc told me i have ovaluted but my harmonal level was not good.
can you please tell me why this happned and how to cure this.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Low progesterone production

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concerns about low progesterone.

Since you have low progesterone hormone it is better to take hormone supplement tablets like duphaston or Susten daily for 10 days after ovulation.

This happens when your body progesterone is lower and not producing sufficient progesterone.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dr. Soumya.
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 25 minutes later
Thanks. But is the the reason for lower harmone level.
Will it affect to get pregnant…and how come it was good last month and this month it is not good.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal cyclical variation

Detailed Answer:
Hi

there is hormonal variation in some women from one cycle to another. Hence don't worry about it. Just take supplements.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 43 minutes later
My BMI is 26 , is this also create problem in conceiving.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
BMI is fine

Detailed Answer:

BMI of 26 is fine. This is unlikely to create problem in conceiving. Nothing to worry.
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN