What causes low lymphocyte and high neutrophil counts in blood?
can signal a bacterial infection, may be mild or severe
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Lymphocytes and neutrophils are types of white blood cells.
This means that they are involved in the body's immune response to infection or inflammation. They can also go up due to more serious causes but this is not as common.
The lymphocyte and neutrophil count are to be interpreted along with the total white blood cell count (WBC). If the WBC is normal then any change is not likely significant.
The neutrophils respond mainly to bacterial infections and lymphocytes mainly to viral infection.
The neutrophil and lymphocyte count are normally around a specific ratio.
The increase in neutrophils along with the decrease in lymphocyte may signal a bacterial infection.
This infection may only be mild or may be severe.
I hope this helps ,feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High neutrophil count causes
- Low lymphocyte count high neutrophil count
- Causes of low lymphocyte count
- What causes low lymphocyte count
- High neutrophils low lymphocytes blood
- Neutrophil high lymphocyte low alopecia
- What causes high neutrophils and low lymphocytes
- High neutrophils low lymphocytes blood clot
- High lymphocytes low neutrophils causes
- Cause of high lymphocyte counts
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...