What causes low libido and erectile dysfunction in a young adult?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: My marriage happened 2 months before and sex was happening without any issues. But recently, when i tried to do sex my penis was not hardening. Also am not getting any sexual feelings. Am afraid, pls help me.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly find the detailed answer below, drug, life style change,

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
Do you have any problems or stress in your relationship?
Do you suffer from anxiety, negative thoughts or low mood?
Do you smoke or consume alcohol or any other drugs?
Do you have any other medical problems or are you on any medication currently?

Erectile dysfunction in a young adult usually has no major organic cause, and often responds dramatically well to drugs belonging to a group of drugs called 'PDE5 Inhibitors', most noted of which is Viagra.
You can use medicine cum vitamin supplement containing pyridoxal-5-phosphate, mecobalamin and l-methylfolate (trade name tetrafol plus)is very helpful in my patients.

There are some natural lifestyle measures which help to improve blood flow to penis and overall sexual performance.
1. The most important factor is healthy heart. Blood is pumped in to body by heart. So regular exercise and avoidance of fatty fast food are important measures to prevent heart disease. Regular walking, swimming or running overall improves blood flow to whole body circulation including penis and keep the mind fresh.
2. Good healthy food is also an important aspect. Bananas, Garlic, dry fruits(they contains vitamins), eggs, cow milk, cow butter are good food which may help in erectile dysfunction.
3. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Low amount of alcohol can help in increasing blood flow but more amount can cause opposite effects. So better to avoid the same.

I would suggest you to stop becoming more anxious about this problem - because if you feel more anxious and worried or if you keep having doubts that you may not be able to perform properly, then this anxiety itself will worsen the problem. So, during sexual intercourse try to stop worrying and "monitoring" your sexual performance. Just try to be relaxed and enjoy yourself. Don't keep on thinking "How long am I going to last?" "Will I ejaculate too quickly?" "Will I be able to satisfy my parrtner?, etc. One more suggestion is to arouse your partner well before starting intercourse. So, you can increase and spice-up your foreplay and make sure that you start penetration only after your partner is fully turned on. When your partner is fully aroused and involved, then things keep flowing smoothly and effortlessly, and you don't have to be constantly anxious if you are satisfying your partner or not. I wout suggest you to follow this and the other measure suggested, it should be beneficial. Regarding the drug it is prescription based agent you need to see doctor to get a valid prescription.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak