What causes low hemoglobin?
to rule out cancer as cause of anaemia
I see I already answered your previous query. Since you have added more information to this query, I shall take this opportunity to answer it again.
Your father's report shows anaemia. At this age malignancy is one of the causes of anemia. Other causes are dietary deficiency or less production of blood or kidney disease or few others. The referring doctor wants to rule out cancer as a cause of anaemia which is important at this age. Otherwise also at this age person should have yearly health checkup for cancer screening.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause low hemoglobin level
- What cause low hemoglobin and bleeding bleeding
- Issues caused by low hemoglobin
- Cause of low hemoglobin in fracture
- Causes low hemoglobin and hematocrit
- Low hemoglobin cause and acne
- What causes low hemoglobin levels
- What causes low hemoglobin 90 year old
- Low hemoglobin in dengue cause
- Is diabetes caused by low hemoglobin