What causes low heart rate?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have normal blood pressure, but a heart rate of 49
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Everything seems to be normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!
Thank you for your question on HCM!

I understand your concern.

I think that there is nothing to worry about.

In my opinion as long as you have a normal resting ECG and a normal blood pressure everything seems to be normal. A low heart rate, with a normal resting ECG, excluding cardiac arrhythmia doesn't indicate any cardiac disorders, it may be just a normal finding.

If you have any other symptoms like palpitations, fatigue or feeling like fainting I would recommend to do a 24h ECG monitoring, to examine better the heart rate and exclude possible arrhythmia.

Hope to have been helpful!

Feel free to ask any questions whenever you need!

Greetings!
Dr. Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist