What causes low heart rate despite taking Metoprolol Succinate ER?
It is too low.
This seems to be too low. You may develop heart block and heart arrest. It would be good to consult your cardiologist as you may need medicine change or heart stimulator.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I have not been able to get an appointment with my primary care doctor because she is booked solid.
I just called the office for my primary care doctor . The nurse for my doctor will receive my message soon. I should receive a call back.
Please consider ER visit.
40 is not a normal heart rate especially for someone with heart failure. from 40 to 30 is very close and that may end badly. How about visiting the ER and have at least heart ECG to make sure you have no heart block.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What happens if you take 15000 mg of metoprolol succinate beta blocker
- Is metoprolol succinate er used in the treatment of heart attack?
- Can you take tylenol after metoprolol succinate
- Will metoprolol succinate er treat progressive angina ?
- Ok to take metoprolol succinate and alcohol
- Will metoprolol succinate er treat left ventricular hypertrophy ?
- How to wean off metoprolol succinate er
- Is metoprolol succinate er used in the treatment of sinus tachycardia ?
- Can i take metoprolol succinate er for mitral valve prolapse?
- Can metoprolol succinate er cure heart attack ?