question-icon

What causes low energy, tiredness, no appetite, and feeling sad after an unsuccessful for treating spinal stenosis?

Posted on Mon, 24 Sep 2018
Question: Low energy. tired, no appetite, sad. I have spinal stenosis and had surgery 8 weeks ago to implant a cord stimulator that does not appear to be helping the pain. Been in a sad mood the last 4 weeks as a result of the surgery not working. Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:

Regular counselling may help.

Detailed Answer:

Based on the symptoms you are experiencing I could postulate that you may be suffering from depression.

It is essential for you to combat the same at the earliest by meeting a psychiatrist.

Regular sessions of counselling with psychiatrist may be needed to overcome the same.

Is there any improvement post surgery ? Even a mild difference can indicate the recovery is in a healthy trend.

Waiting for your response,

Dr. Raju A.T, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T (38 minutes later)
There has been no improvement. The surgeon now says he will have to go and due another surgery to remove the simulator and wires. 2 major surgeries in 3 months and I still have the pain and limitation of walking due to the spinal stenosis.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Hope, it goes right

Detailed Answer:

I pray you get through this well.

Hope, it works this time. Spinal stenosis is is a difficult problem to treat.

Please do consult a Psychiatrist before you go for the surgery.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Raju A.T