What causes low energy, tiredness, no appetite, and feeling sad after an unsuccessful for treating spinal stenosis?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 24 Sep 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Low energy. tired, no appetite, sad. I have spinal stenosis and had surgery 8 weeks ago to implant a cord stimulator that does not appear to be helping the pain. Been in a sad mood the last 4 weeks as a result of the surgery not working. Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Regular counselling may help.

Detailed Answer:

Based on the symptoms you are experiencing I could postulate that you may be suffering from depression.

It is essential for you to combat the same at the earliest by meeting a psychiatrist.

Regular sessions of counselling with psychiatrist may be needed to overcome the same.

Is there any improvement post surgery ? Even a mild difference can indicate the recovery is in a healthy trend.

Waiting for your response,

Dr. Raju A.T, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 38 minutes later
There has been no improvement. The surgeon now says he will have to go and due another surgery to remove the simulator and wires. 2 major surgeries in 3 months and I still have the pain and limitation of walking due to the spinal stenosis.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hope, it goes right

Detailed Answer:

I pray you get through this well.

Hope, it works this time. Spinal stenosis is is a difficult problem to treat.

Please do consult a Psychiatrist before you go for the surgery.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D