Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What causes low cortisol level?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 745 Questions
I have all the symptoms of low cortisol level. What type of specialist should I see to confirm or disaffirm this?
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
medical endocrinologist

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

To diagnose or rule out low cortisol levels you need to consult a medical endocrinologist and get your hormone profile done.

Hope I have been helpful . If no further queries are there you may close the discussion and rate the response .

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor