What causes low body temprature with sweating in a child?

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: hi my son is 18 months old, he is sleeping arm temp is low and his head and body are sweaty. right now he is sleeping, what is the problem?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is normal, stop worrying.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for psoting your query here.

According to your description, your son is sleeping and you have observed some sweating on the forehead and body, but when you took temperature from the arm it shows lower than normal temperature.

This is absolutely normal, when we sweat, out skin temperature goes down (the inner temperature does not go down below normal), this is a normal mechanism to regulate our body temperatures.

There is nothing to worry, relax.

I hope I have answered your question, please write back to me if you have any additional concerns.

Kind regards.