What causes low blood pressure with dizziness and nausea?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in GERD
Question: I am 93 years old ----for weeks now I have had low blood pressure –I have already been in touch and had a nice answer in return ---however I am still in terrible shape ---wake up in the morning just shaking –dizzy and nauseous --- it seems that I just have to make up my mind I am fine ---but doesn’t always work ---I am completely exhausted –not a zap of energy—and could sleep just about anytime ---this sounds pretty awful---but just wonder if there is anything I could do or take to help my situation---many thanks ---XXXX
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Have a second opinion

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

At times, deficiency of vitamins and/or rare minerals may be responsible.
Try any Over The Counter multivitamin + mineral tablet…

It may / mat be – related to the pressure… The range for the upper figure (Systolic) is 90 to 140 mm Hg. The range for the lower figure (Diastolic) is 60 to 90 mm Hg.

Ear is often the cause of dizziness. Balancing mechanism is in the inner ear. There are several causes – simple like wax blocking the outer ear or something else inside… See an ENT specialist / get examined; investigated…
If persistent, see a neurologist – MRI and/or MRA may be needed to assess the structure and blood flow…
Prognosis is generally good in such situations…      

Good luck
God bless you