What causes low blood pressure and dizziness while on antihypertensive medication?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
I understand your concern and would like to explain that the decision of reducing your daily anti-hypertensive drugs dose seems a rational approach.
Meanwhile it is necessary to closely monitor your blood pressure values (several times daily for a couple of days up to a week) and refer those values to your attending physician.
In case no obvious secondary causes are responsible for that low blood pressure values trend (a recent acute inflammation/infections such as those associated with body fluids loss like vomiting, diarrhea, profound sweating, fever, concomitant medications leading to increased anti-hypertensive drugs effects, etc.) than a reduction of your anti-hypertensive daily doses would be sufficient for gaining your normal BP values.
Otherwise, additional medical investigation and medical tests are necessary as follows:
- complete blood count,
- PCR & ESR,
- blood electrolytes level,
- BUN & creatinine,
- thyroid hormones level,
You need to discuss with your doctor on the above mentioned issues.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes low blood pressure and the shakes in the elderly
- Cause low blood pressure while a sleep
- What infections can cause low blood pressure
- Low blood pressure and dizziness
- Low blood pressure causes
- What causes hands to go numb while sleeping low blood pressure
- Medical low blood pressure
- What causes low blood pressure
- What causes bradycardia and low blood pressure
- Dizzy spells caused by low blood pressure
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?