What causes low blood platelet count?

Rheumatologist
Question
I have low blood palates and what is the procedure to bring them back up. What vitamins or minerals, or food which will help?
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that the cause needs to be established . Whether the low Platelets are due to ITP that is idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura which seems as in your case as the doctors are not doing anything .

Plus SLE also needs to be ruled out and ANA should be done for this , it can also present with thrombocytopenia . No vitamins or minerals will help in elevating the platelet count , only treating the cause will help to bring it normal. PLease send the reports so that i can guide you further .

Dr. Shruti