What causes low appetite and absence of fetal movements during 5 months of pregnancy?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello Dr,
I m 5months pregnant.I m nt feeling any movement .I m blank still .having vaginal discharge only at morning.till yest I was feeling hungry.today still I m nt feeling hungry.my sonography is scheduled next week .is it k with it or shall check with Dr.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
get a usg done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
The first foetal movements are usually felt between 18-20 weeks of gestation , however the next best way would be to hear foetal heart sounds with stethoscope or to get an ultrasound pelvis done to check for foetal viability.
In my suggestion it is better to get yourself clinically examined for height of uterus and also get an ultrasound soon.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 3 minutes later
I m 19 weeks pregnant.Dr has put me on iron ,calcium and haemoglobin tablets.I have white vaginal discharge.today bit white discharge passed through urine.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
Having mucoid vaginal discharge with out smell or itching is often physiological cervical discharge and not infection, so need not worry.
You are now due to your level 2 anomaly scan , so ideally by now you should be experiencing movements already. You may get an USG done in this week itself for anomaly scan and it shall establish the foetal well being.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 7 minutes later
Dr,
When I was in 4months some pain or some feeling felt.but nw as I entered 5th month no feelings felt .sometimes lower abdominal pain comes .was having sleepless ni8 .but after 18th weeks I can sleep at least for 4hrs.during day I used to sleep always
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
The most important remains the foetal movements. Rest of the symptoms are secondary and are subjective. Foetal movements and foetal heart sounds are the best indicators of foetal viability. So without failing get the ultrasound done, as loss of foetal movements and non perception is not a good sign at all.