What causes low appetite after stomach infection?
Post infective anorexia
Hi....thank you for consulting in Health Care Magic. As a father of a kid, I share your concern regarding your 2 year old. By what you quote I understand that she is recovering from a gastrointestinal infection/ probably viral & that she had some dehydration. I want to reassure you that her weight is appropriate for her age & I also appreciate you for informing her weight.
If she's active and playing around and is her usual self, I don't think you need to be concerned. Active kid is a well kid. It is very usual for kids to have some loss of appetite in recovering gastrointestinal infections.
To alley your fears about her appetite I take this opportunity to inform you about when you need to be concerned - if there is blood in stools/ green colored vomiting/ kid is very lethargic/ excessively sleepy...you need to be concerned. I would start suspension Domstal 1ml thrice a day before feeds to take care of her nausea.
Wish your 2 year old a speedy recovery. I would appreciate if you get back to me after she recovers with the happy news. Hope my answer was helpful for you. Happy to help anytime. Further clarifications and consultations on Health Care Magic are welcome.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes for stomach infection after a flu
- Stomach infection and low potassium
- Stomach infection causes
- What cause and treatment for stomach infection
- What causes nausea with body aches and stomach infection
- Stomach infection cause by eating chalk
- Stomach infection after antibiotics
- Gum infection cause stomach infection
- What causes constant stomach infection and chest pain
- Recurrent stomach infection causes
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?