What causes low SGOT and SGPT levels?
I have no way to upload any reports. Also, I do have high cholestral, which can remain under control by diet.
I am so sorry. My Chloride level is low. It is 94.
Low SGOT & SGPT may be due to vitaminB6 deficiency,alcoholism,fatty liver.
Low SGOT and SGPT may be due to many causes like vitamin B6 deficiency, alcoholism, early fatty liver, etc. It is generally a benign finding and patient need to evaluate for these factors. Perhaps you can discuss about these factor when you get to see the doctor.
It is good that you don't drink.
Low chloride may be due to prolonged vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, drugs like bicarbonate, corticosteroids, diuretics etc. From your history, I see you been suffering with diarrhea fairly regularly. It may or may not be a cause. Discuss about it.
Low chloride treatment is correction of underlying cause. Therefore you need proper evaluation before correction.
You are rightly suggested for PFT as you have respiratory problems.
In a nutshell, the causes of low ALT SGOT as well as chloride are not serious.
Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
Thank you for advice and suggestions. I appreciate your time and efforts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can increased sgot and sgpt levels cause acne
- Sgpt and sgot level that cause cirrhosis
- What causes increase in sgpt and sgot levels
- High sgot sgpt levels what can be the cause
- What causes low sgpt levels
- What causes raise it sgpt and sgot levels
- What causes high sgot and sgpt levels during pregnancy
- Can stress cause high sgpt and sgot levels
- What causes increased sgot and sgpt
- Can hypothyroidism cause low sgot and sgpt levels
- Been sick. Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and...
- How to get rid of constipation?
- Intense pains in legs and have a meniscus injury. Having lower body...
- Alcoholic and type two diabetic. What does the blood result indicate?
- Smell in urine. Epididymitis attack with pain at the base of penis....
- Experiencing pain in lower left abdomen. Painful to push and frequent...
- Noticed spotting after sex. Is this sign of pregnancy?
- Seem to be having gallbladder attack. Undergone gall bladder removal....
- Tightness in the testicles and pain in tip of the penis. Underlying cause?
- Taking statin. Found a small benign liver cyst in CT scan. Are they...