What causes low MPV?
The precipitating cause should be treated.
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
MPV indicates the size of platelets in the blood sample of a person. Low MPV, smaller platelets may be older in age and have been in circulation for longer time. Too, Low an MPV can be corrected/ raised by treating any precipitating cause if present with the low MPV including conditions like thrombocytopenia , aplastic anemia , myelofibrosis etc.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...