What causes low BP?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I my blood pressure is running is running in the low 40's now for several days for the bottom and the mid 90's for hi.??
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I recommend consulting with your attending physician and performing some tests to investigate for the possible cause:

- a resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound to examine your cardiac function and structure
- a chest X ray study
- complete blood count for anemia
- blood electrolytes for possible imbalance
- kidney and liver function tests
- fasting glucose.

Meanwhile, I recommend taking plenty of fluids to remain well hydrated. Increasing salt and caffeine intake in your diet will help.

I would also advise avoiding staying in hot places and prolonged standing up position.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri