What causes low BP and pulse rate after taking Benicar HCT and Tiazem?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am taking Benicar HCTZB40/25mg tab once daily AND Tiazem cap 360mg erbonce daily. My blood pressure has become erratic - high one day and low the next. In addition, my pulse rate has been lower than usual causing me to feel weak and sluggish. Could leaving off one of these meds stabilize my condition? If so, which one?

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs dose readjustment , consult your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Use of three antihypertensives could be the cause of this decline in blood pressure. Slightly lowering the dose may help, discussing it with your cardiologist will sort out. Pulse varies from 60 to 100 normally, yours is lower limit of normal and nothing to worry about, tiazem you are on causes lower heart rate and its rather desirable . Keep an eye on these parameters though and tapering the dose can be considered here.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan