What causes loud popping sound in ear when burping?
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The popping sound in your ear might be related to a dysfunction of Eustachian Tube,which is the tube that connects the middle ear with nasopharynx (the space in the back of nose and throat).
In cases of allergy or common cold when nose and throat are congested ,one side of the tube can get closed and this can cause an accumulation of fluid in the middle ear.
When you blow your nose or burp ,the pressure created opens the tube ,that can be heard as a popping sound in ear.
If you don't have pain ,discharge or hearing loss in your ear ,there is nothing to worry about and you can do all the things you normally do including swimming or scuba diving.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you need further help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes indigestion and burping
- Eardrum thumping when burping excessive wax in ear cause
- What cause you to burp when smoking weed
- What causes left ear popping when having small burp
- Burping causing ear pain yawning
- Burping causes ear to pop
- What causes burping
- What is the cause of ear sound
- What causes ear popping sounds
- Burping causes ear fluttering