question-icon

What causes lots of nosebleeds?

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015
Question: my daughter has a lot of nose bleeds she XXXXXXX to the Dr and all,they,say,to do,is keep,an eye on,her
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Most nose bleeds are without cause and resolve spontaneously.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and sorry to hear about these frequent nose bleed thatyour daughter has.

I understand your worries when the doctors recommend just observation. however, this is the most common approach because most have no cause and do not require any specific treatment. I will side with your doctor and recommend that you observe only for the above reasons. I will recommend further medical investigation if the amount of blood loss and frequency increases from what it is at this time. I will also recommend that she gets extra iron tablets to avoid running low on blood.

I hope this helps. I wish her well and do well to update me on her progress. also, feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah