• question-icon

What causes loss of strength in the right arm?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: experienced loss of use of right arm but had strength to squeeze hand but had some curling of finger tips.. over period of time some movement returned. No swinging of arm when walking. Use of fingers returned to some degree. Able to grip items or steering wheel. Can now raise arm fully Loses control of hand when he tries to rotate it to the outside.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get MRI done.

Detailed Answer:

All this may be due compression of nerve in cervical spine or from brachial plexus.

So for exact diagnosis to be made get MRI of cervical spine and brachial plexus to see exact cause.

Although you are recovering, still get MRI done.

Till then have tab.pregabalin75mg+methylcobalamine750mcg at night by prescription of your family doctor.

Visit some physiotherapy centre.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon